Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Waltz-8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe. I was first lesson, so no warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- mostly okay.  My lobe size on the BO was not at all consistent, they were mostly too large.  Ugh.  Still, for no warmup I guess I shouldn't complain.
  • waltz-8 -- the bulk of our time.  We worked a bit on the 3, but most of our time was spent on the step forward.  We used the stick to give me more awareness of where my arms are.  We did make some progress, primarily due to two factors -- 1) getting me to actually turn my head and look where I'm going before the turn, and 2) bending my knees on the BO edge (these were actually on two feet today) so that they are bent while I'm trying to step forward.  Anyway this really helped. 
After my lesson I had another half hour of skating, so I worked some more on the waltz-8, and also some time on FO8 and FI8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home