Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Edges & Waltz-8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Beautiful ice, 10 skaters.  I scribed circles but didn't get to warmup before my lesson.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- not bad.  Back edges were really nice!
  • waltz-8 -- my 3s were pretty ukky but we decided to spend most of our time on the step forward.  Like my lesson with Holly yesterday, I worked on skating backward on two feet before the turn to try to fix my posture issues.  Some success.  I really need to learn to not lean out of the circle!
I'm going to need to get my blades sharpened soon.  I might try to send them off to Jim at NW Skate Authorities over Thanksgiving when I'm gone for the Championship series.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home