Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Posture

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I had a 15 minute warmup, just enough time to scribe circles and do my forward edges.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- actually, not bad.
  • FO8 -- meh.  The theme for today seems to have been "posture" as in why can't I consistently stand up nice and straight!?  I'm always breaking at the waist.  We did work on it and it did get a bit better.
  • FI8 -- "same thing", particularly on the R foot.  Urph.
  • BO8 -- I do love these but I was having a heck of a time on the L foot to not cut the circle in.  Yech.
I didn't get to skate patch last week so I guess it's not too surprising that it was a bit iffy.  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home