Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Circle-8, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I warmed up with stroking and circle 8.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- We worked a bunch on the push.  Still kinda rough, but starting with the LFO does help.
  • waltz jump -- just a few of those.  I can do a nice one if I try, but too often I'm sloppy. 
  • salchow -- just a few minutes.  Still inconsistent.  Heather M. was doing some really nice double sals right next to me and I was like "ah! that's what I want!".  Not a double (let's be real) but the way it's just a very easy unrushed entry with a nice edge.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home