Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 11, 2020

3s & Toe Loop

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Okay ice, 10 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking and some crossovers, and a little bit of circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- we started by running the power-3 Bronze move, then spent a bunch of time working on the RFO3 on the crease with Holly holding my hand.  Of course they are much better if she's holding my hand.  The main takeway from this is that I need to be on a better edge, and I need to turn into the circle a lot more on the R side.  
  • toe loop -- we'd not worked on these in forever.  Like before, we worked them down the line, aiming to push the RFI edge out to the side and pick in on the line.  I did a couple very badly and then asked Holly to hold my hand so I could feel what it felt like to really bring my feet together. That helped.
All in all a good lesson.  Lots to work on in my practice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home