Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Edges & BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I had first lesson, so no warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- no warmup... FO were quite rough.  I did them 3 times before they were more or less okay.  The rest were all fine -- good speed on the BO and BI.  Yay!
  • BO8 -- Actually very nice on the RBO, the push was really good and I did great on that side. We spent most of our time looking at the LBO to get a better push and more control.  Yuck.  I know what I need to do, but it's like 4 things at once (free foot in front, stay straight, control that L arm/shoulder and don't rotate early). Eeep.  It did get better but still.
I left after my lesson as there were too many people on the ice for my comfort (14 skaters and 2 coaches).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home