Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 06, 2020

Edges & BI8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I had just enough time to scribe circles before we started.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- FO not so great, we repeated them 3x.  FI were fine.  On the B edges Danette had me change my arm position for the initial push -- instead of having them straight out on either side, the R arm is straight out in front of me, then I swing it back w/my push.  This did help me to have a somewhat stronger push and Danette says that's how they all did it back in the day.  We wound up working on the BI edges for a while as I still need to get my heel out on the R foot a bit more when I start.
  • BI8 -- since we were already working on the BI edges, we worked on this for a while.  I used to be able to make it around the circle, but not anymore :-(.  Grrr.

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home