Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 10, 2020

5-Step Mohawk & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  There was a Zamboni issue, so we started almost 15 minutes late. I had a very brief warmup.

Today's lesson:
  • 5-step mohawk -- This was not too bad, actually.  I remembered "head and shoulders" to keep my shoulders down and head up, and I also managed to remember to PUSH BACK on the BO edge.  Holly asked me to make the 4th (especially) and 5th steps curvier/lobe-ier and I was able to do that by leaning into the FI edge a bit more.  So, good times.
  • spins -- I wanted to work on these since they were pretty good a couple of weeks ago and I didn't want to lose that progress.  I did several that were pretty good!  I need to be more consistent on feeling that snap of the free leg in and up.  Holly reminded me not to neglect bringing the L arm around when stepping into the spin.  I am doing better about not rushing it.

All in all, very happy with the progress here. I want to spend some time on spins every week so I don't lose this progress.  It's been a long time coming and I feel like I'd just want to die if I went back to how they used to be.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home