Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 18, 2020

B8s

My lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult FS.  7 skaters and 3 coaches, much better than last week, and nice ice.  I had 2nd lesson so I scribed circles and warmed up with edges and F8s.  My LFO was not so great -- I kept getting on a flat about 1/3 of the way around.  Argh.

Today's lesson:

  • BO8 -- We spent most of our time working on the LBO as the RBO is actually pretty good.  We worked just on holding the correct position with L arm back, R arm forward (turned into the circle) and looking into the circle with free leg in front.  Ugh.  This seems so much worse than I remember it being in the past.  
  • BI8 -- I need much better pushes on this, especially on the LBI.  Eeep. Similar issues to the LBO.  Just a lack of control overall.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home