Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 11, 2020

8s

My figures lesson on the 11:45 a.m. adult FS at Chandler.

I had first lesson, so I didn't scribe any circles.  Today's lesson:

  • edges -- some posture issues on the FO edges, the rest were more or less okay.
  • FO8 - meh.  After the first one I did manage to make the first RFO not so huge and better shaped, so that was something.
  • FI8 -- okay
  • BO8 -- control issues on the LBO.  We worked a bit to get me to hold the initial position longer and to lean into the circle more.  Urph.
  • BI8 -- just a couple of minutes on these.   Again I need to watch the initial position so that I don't turn the upper body out of the circle.  Ugh.
This session was pretty busy, I counted 11 skaters (including me) and I think 6 coaches.  I really am not comfortable with this environment.  It's not helped by the summer camp skaters hanging out in the changing area with no masks and no social distancing -- basically nothing different at all.  It's concerning and I'm not sure how/if I want to continue under these circumstances.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home