Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Power-3s, 5-Step Mohawk

My lesson with Holly on the 1 p.m. session at Gilbert.

I had about a half hour to warm up.  It's getting better and I'm feeling a lot better on the ice.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- we started by working on 3s on the big circle  Ugh.  As usual the LFO3 was much better than the RFO3. Then we went on to work on the move.  I did get through it so I guess that's something.  I worked on not throwing the free leg around so much, which is hard for me to do but does help.
  • 5-step mohawk -- About 8 minutes on these. Holly had me working on keeping the shoulders down and level and the head up and this actually did help it not be so flail-y.  Also working to flex the foot on the BO so as to keep off the toe -- also need to stand up straight more here.
I only skated for an hour, that's about my max for now.  It's getting better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home