Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Bronze Moves

I skated the Gilbert adult skate today for my lesson with Holly. Okay ice, about 7 skaters.

I warmed up stroking, then working on Bronze moves -- perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges, a little 5-step mohawk, and a circle-8.  The circle-8 actually was really good! For whatever reason I had no trouble getting around the circle.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- not bad, really.  Holly worked with me on being more definite in moving my arms in the BXOs -- no helicoptering the arms, and change them right before I do the BXO.   I actually like my speed on this.  Yay!
  • power-3s -- we wound up spending most of our time on these, particularly the RFO3.  I think we made some progress.  Again, I need to bring the free leg in so that I am over my skating side enough to do the turn without forcing it/swinging the leg around.  Eeep.  I really want to make these good!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home