Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Power-3s

My lesson with Holly on the 8 a.m. FS at Gilbert. I got on at 8:15 as usual... once my 45 min stickers are used up, hopefully the new system will be in place!  Nice ice, just me, Q and Addy.

I warmed up with stroking.

Today's lesson was just on power-3s -- we continued where we left off on Tuesday.  The good news is the 3s themselves are somewhat better.  We started working on holding the entrance edge longer as that is probably the biggest remaining problem.  I think a part of this is that when I step forward on after the BXO I'm not really balanced on my FO edge, so I turn to get it over with and to be more balanced.  At least that's what I think is going on.  We worked on some ideas to improve this but didn't come up with anything that helped much.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home