Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Program Prep

My lesson with Holly on the 8 a.m. FS at Gilbert (I started at 8:15).  I warmed up with stroking, a couple of jumps, a spin and then I worked on swingrolls a bit.  Then I ran my light program as I'd realized I hadn't really worked it in the "judges-on-the-right" configuration.  Ice was okay, and just 4 skaters (Q and Addy, and Gene, the adult snowbird who is working on Silver moves!).

For today's lesson, we started with the dramatic program and ran it once.  In general pretty good.  I was a bit faster, so I actually had a bit more time at the end, which surprised me. 

From there we worked on the light program.  The first time I ran it I fell after the salchow (too far forward) -- no biggie, except it took me forever to get up!  I tried to get up on my right foot and apparently that's just not the best way.  Anyway I got up and finished.  After that I practiced getting up and standing on the left foot first seems to work a lot better.  I should probably practice this a little.  Ran the program again and it was fine.

One lesson left before MidWinter! Eep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home