Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Program Review

My lesson with Holly on the 8 a.m. (?) FS at Gilbert.  Apparently the session now starts at 8, according to the book, though the online schedule is either wrong or offline depending on where you look.  Anyway I had a 45 min sticker so I got on at 8:15.  Gilbert is switching to a new ice management system soon (Feb? March?) so there will be some confusion for a bit I guess.

I warmed up with stroking, then worked on some stuff from my dramatic program.

Today's lesson was all review of the dramatic program (competition is 4 weeks from Sunday).  We reviewed it without music, then ran it with music.  We then spent some time working out an alternate ending for the judges being on the other side -- basically after the spin I'll go straight out toward the end of the rink (no curtain), do the salchow, then come back to get the prop, skate around with it and finish on the blue line.  After working through that we ran it again and it was mostly okay.

All in all it's okay.  I just need to be faster, and get a good spin and salchow.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home