Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Program Review

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice, just me, Q, Addie and another girl (Sophie?), although by the time my lesson started I had private ice!

I warmed up with stroking, then did some salchows and spins.

For today's lesson (it was shorter than usual due to a car issue) we ran my Light program a couple of times.  My spins were really good!  Then we reviewed the changes necessary to accommodate full ice vs. 3/4 ice for showcase.  Basically after the salchow instead of coming down the center I head to the end of the rink and then curve around in the spiral so I finish in front of the judges.  This also takes into account that the MidWinter judges are placed on the other side of the center hockey box than at Autumn Antics.  So we ran it that way.  It was actually pretty good!  Spin was good and salchows were at least okay.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home