Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Edges & Step Forward

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Ice was not so great.

I warmed up with forward edges -- we started a little early.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- just a couple minutes on these.  In general not to bad but I still need to be more consistent with good posture -- stand up straight but still bend the knee :-)
  • step forward -- we worked on these since they're on the waltz-8 and always a problem.   Danette had me push to the BO edge for one lobe then step forward on the same circle (LBO was weird as I'm not used to pushing from a standing start on these).  I need to lean back into the circle more!  I need to work on these more.  Ugh.  RBO was a little better.  We also worked them on the boards -- skate on a back flat and step forward to FO.  Eeep.
Like so many things in my life right now, I feel like I am stuck because I am not getting enough ice time. Urph!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home