Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, November 03, 2019

2019 Autumn Antics Showcase Light Skateoff

I was nominated to skate my "Jenny" program in the Autumn Antics Earnhardt-Hughes skateoff.  I was really pleased to be nominated (as Melissa pointed out, I was the only adult nominated).

I was running music through the end of the previous (Palos) skateoff, as I was skating 12th of 25 in the E-H skateoff.  So after the Palos skateoff I went and got my skates on and got ready (I stayed in my light program costume since I was nominated).

I went out to warmup -- the ice was pretty bad by this point. Yuck.  I was a bit tired by this point (I'd been at the rink for 11.5 hours at this point) but okay.

Finally it was my turn. I skated out and off I went! In general it went pretty well, except I once more biffed the salchow.  Urph! I felt like there's a 'salchow nazi' (like Seinfeld's 'soup nazi' -- 'no salchow for you!').  Frustrating.  It's all in my head, and it's worse on this program since I'm going faster.  I just need to practice this a lot more, going into it with a more realistic speed I guess.  Grr.

 Anyway other than that it went fine.  After I skated I hung out with everyone else since there's a 'victory lap' for the skaters so you have to stay in costume.  I got to watch some really great skating! It was fun.

All in all a very very long, but great day.  Yay!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home