Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Jumps, Spins & Program Runthrough

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert  I warmed up with stroking (it had been a couple weeks since I skated, ugh!), some waltz jumps, spins and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- on the blue line.  The first couple were pretty bad but they did improve.  Still a bit cheated but better.
  • salchow -- again the first couple were pretty ukky but they did improve.
  • waltz-toe -- Holly gave me my choice of sal-toe or waltz-toe, so I chose the latter.  Just did a couple. Relatively okay, actually.
  • spins -- I had one really good one (3 revs) and a couple not so good.
  • program runthrough -- we ran my light program.  Not bad, actually, except for my spin (not so great) and my salchow (also not so great).  Choreo was mostly good.
Registration for Autumn antics is due next week and I've not gotten it done yet.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home