Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Back Edges

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.   I warmed up with forward edges and scribed a circle.

For today's lesson we continued looking at my back edges.  We started with BO edges and working more on the LBO to get a better body position (holding the skating shoulder back and staying facing the circle with the free foot in front).  I actually worked on doing an initial push to the LBO, which was very weird since I'm so used to pushing to the RBO to start.  Eeep!  It did get a bit better but wow I sure don't want to bring that free leg in front and over the print.  Uck.

After that we went to work on the BI edges, incorporating many of the same corrections but of course trying not to wide-step the initial push and to get more power.  Some progress.

Between next week's camp, me going to NWP regionals and Danette's schedule I will not have a figures lesson for 4 weeks now. Ugh!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home