Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Danette on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Ice was better than last week.  I warmed up with edges and FO8.  This was my last patch skate before the competition this weekend.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- a bunch of time with us.  It's better.  It's really about body control, so I'm not sure why I'm having such issues now.  But, if I dig in and push and STAND UP and get my weight back on my blade it's fine (more or less).  If not... not.
  • FI8 -- these were fairly nice.
  • BO8 -- OMG.  Lots of issues with these.  My circle size is all over the place, and finding center for me is a crapshoot at this point.  Urgh.  I feel these were so much better last year and I don't know why (other than the obvious, I probably practiced them more).  Flow on the LBO was really bad so we worked on it a bunch.. and you know what, if I actually TURN MY HEAD AND LOOK WHERE I'M GOING as Danette and every other coach has told me to do ad infinitum... it's better.  Lots better. Gotta remember that even when I'm freaking out Sunday a.m.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home