Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 09, 2019

3s & Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice and just 3 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking and some Bronze moves (all of them except power-3s :-) ).

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- we spent a large amount of time just working on RFO3s to get me to hold the entrance edge longer and make them cleaner.  We actually made some progress!  So that's encouraging.
  • jumps -- one waltz jump (nice landing, not so great a check); a couple of salchows (one good one) and then some time on toe loop.  Holly held my R hand after the turn to make me wait to let the edge come around before the jump -- this really helped!  I was able to do some really nice and UNCHEATED toe loops this way.  It feels very different!  We'll have to work this some more.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home