Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Choreo

My choreo session with Tammy on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Ice was a bit crusty (it's humid), 7 skaters and 4 coaches.

I warmed up with Bronze moves (except power-3s) and then did some spins, a waltz jump and a couple of salchows and a toe loop. Eeep.  It's been a while.  My L ankle started hurting somewhere in the middle of all this -- the same shooting pain along the inside that I've occasionally had on and off since I broke it.  Yuck.

For today's session we first spent some time going over the music, the original and the cut I have.  I'm going to ask for some changes as we agreed the intro is to long and the fadeout is as well; there's a short section that I'd like to include in their stead.  Hopefully we can make this happen.

From there we spent some time talking about concepts and motivations in the program.  I think we've got some good rough ideas.  I think we will have a (small) prop.  Eeep.  Movements will need to be very flowy and edgy and that will take some work!

We have another session on Monday (I'm out most of next week for Showcase) then we'll settle in on Thursdays.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home