Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

BXOs & 3s

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Private ice!  I warmed up with stroking, slaloms, circle-8 and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- we ran this move and it was better than last week.  Then we worked a bit on the CCW BXOs as they are kinda scratchy/scrapey and lacking power.  Mmph.  I really need to settle back on the blade more.
  • 3s -- just working to get the RFO3 more confident and get me to hold the entrance and exit.  Holly held my hand and we put the 3 at the center of the lobe and then I did the rest of a power-3 (but not the back choctaw!).
  • spins -- just a couple of minutes on these. They were not good :-(.
No lessons next week as everyone's on vacation (except me).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home