Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 13, 2019

BO8/BI8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 6 a.m. (!) FS at Chandler. Nice ice and just me, AnnaLi, Midori and Michelle.

I had 15 minutes to warm up (edges) and scribe circles.

Today's lesson:

  • BO8 -- not bad, but inconsistent.  I did one first set that was pretty much okay, but the next set I had some issues on the LBO.  We also worked to try to get me to hold the free leg/foot close on the RBO the way it is on the LBO, and I was able to do this (yay!).  We also worked to have me looking into the circle at the start (helps to hold the skating shoulder back, too).  All in all not perfect but really not too bad.
  • BI8 -- we worked a bit just on the push, as I'm still tending to wide-step the first push.  Danette reminded me that my weight should be on the L foot as I push (w/quick tempo) onto the R foot.  We worked this on the boards/blue line and on the circle.  Needs more work!
All in all not a bad lesson.  If I had been able to sleep decently the night before it might have been even better!  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home