Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Bronze Moves

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert for my lesson with Holly this morning.  I hadn't skated freestyle for a couple of weeks due to work and scheduling issues so I felt a bit rusty!  Ice was kinda meh.  Just myself, Haylie, Q and Addy.  I warmed up with stroking and slaloms, then did perimeter XOs, circle-8 (which actually went well!) and BXOs to BO edges.

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- most of the lesson on these.  Holly wants me to get off my toe!  And to look over my free shoulder on the BO edge.  I also would like to skate faster.  Holly had me work on just doing BO edges down the line (no BXO0 to get me off my toe.
  • 5-step mohawk -- just a few minutes on these.  They have improved somewhat, but the LFI mohawk is still pretty ukky -- the free leg after the mohawk is all swingy.  And I'm up on my toe on the BO edge (sound familiar?).  Ugh.
I still need to review my original test feedback and see where I'm at with these.  I was kind of hoping to test in August but... we'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home