Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Moves

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Nice ice and just two of us for most of the session. I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, circle-8 and BXOs to BO edges.

Today's lesson:
  • circle-8 -- I was able to get around okay although the RFO is still weak.
  • power-3s -- meh.  The 3 is still too early in the lobe, but the back lobe is improving.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- these were actually not bad at all.  My flow has improved and even the RBO is looking a lot steadier and I'm not on my toe nearly as much.
  • 5-step mohawk -- this is slowly improving, but it's not consistent.  We spent some time just working on the mohawk.  On the L mohawk I still tend to do the "flamingo leg" as I come off the L leg.  Holly thinks I should try to have more curve on the LFI edge before the mohawk.
  • perimeter XOs -- just a couple of minutes on these.  They are actually improving and the flow is better.  The mohawk from the forward to backward halves of the move is pretty wonky though.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home