Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 29, 2019

Moves

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Nice ice and about 7 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking and crossovers, and a little time on 3s and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- about 10 minutes on these, sort of a continuation of my work with Danette yesterday.  We worked these on the crease.  They were about the same.
  • circle-8 -- about the same as before -- still having problems getting around on the R foot.  Ugh.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- These are actually not bad.
  • power-3s -- we ran these and then worked on the back lobe.  I need to pull the shoulder back on the back lobe as I'm coming into the back choctaw; as it is I'm blocking myself from being able to step forward.  Ugh.
In the middle of looking at the circle-8, we spent some time looking at the blade alignment on my right skate.  I never feel like I'm quite over my blade on the right foot and it's difficult to feel I have a good RO edge.  Holly thinks my right blade is not aligned correctly, so I'm going to take it to Kelly to take a look and perhaps move it, just a little bit.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home