Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

PCAS Prep

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Okay ice, 6 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, some spins and a waltz jump.

Today's lesson:

  • Jumps & spins -- we warmed up waltz jump, salchow and toe loop.  They were all pretty okay although Holly reminded me to pull up on the landing of the waltz jump (don't break at the waist).  Spins were okay.
  • free skate -- we ran this first.  Geez this is tiring!  I am out of shape. It went really well though, I landed all my jumps. First spin not so great but the last one was really good!  I think I ended about a second late.  Eeep. 
  • light program -- I did not have my prop!  It had been in my skate bag but when I went to find it it was not there.  Ack.  I hope it fell out in the house or something.  I had it last week :-(.  Anyway we ran this with the new configuration and it was pretty good -- again I did all my elements.  Only issue was that I bollixed up the end somewhat, I kind of forgot that I was trying to move that to the right to be in front of the judges.  I need to take the spiral out to the right side and then come back over to be in front of the judges at the very end.  I think it will be fine.
  • dramatic program -- I had the same issue as I had at MidWinter!  I forgot where I was supposed to go after the spin.  So we started over and it was fine. 
All in all a really good lesson and I am really happy with all of the programs right now.  Good prep for PCAS!  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home