Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Posture

My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. freestyle at Chandler.  Ice was a bit beat up.  4 skaters.

I warmed up with edges, scribed circles, then worked on FO8.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- Most of our time on these.  I was/am having issues getting all the way around on the R foot.  Not sure why.  We worked on similar stuff to last time, just trying to solidify getting me to start off on a good edge from the very beginning, stand up straight and bring my hips forward a bit.  I'm also finding that some care in tucking that free foot/leg nicely in to the skating foot/leg helps me to stand straighter.
  • FI8 -- just a few minutes on these.  Similar to the FO8 but in general better.
After my lesson I just had 10 minutes or so; I worked on BO8.  My push is too weak and I'm not making it around.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home