Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, February 16, 2019

SkateFest 2019

Our carpool to MidWinter Warmup arrived around 2 p.m., so three of us (myself, Lora and Heidi) went to attend the CalGold Synchro Team's "SkateFest" show over at the Paramount rink. My friend Sam skates with their adult team and tipped me off to the show.

It was really cool!  They had a number of really good soloists (Goku Endo! Caroline Zhang! Grant Hochstein!) and the CalGold beginner, adult, and intermediate teams each performed.  The CalGold senior team did both of their programs.  I can't say enough about how terrific this was. Getting to see Sam skate again after all these year was really special also :-).

They had public skating during the intermission, so the 3 of us took advantage to get on the ice and warmup a bit.  I'm really glad I did! I hadn't skated freestyle since Wednesday, and I have to say the first 10 minutes were really horrible!  After that it was better.  I'm really glad I got that out of the way before tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home