Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 25, 2019

Program Workout

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Really crowded today as there's a test session this afternoon.

I warmed up with stroking, spins, waltz jump and salchow.

Today's lesson:
  • free skate -- we ran this THREE times, 2 of them back to back.  Eeep.  I'm still having issues with the salchow -- I think it's mental as I usually had a good entry and position and then somehow biff it at the end :-(.  Grr. On the positive side I'm doing all the elements! My spins were not so great, though.  I had a good one in warmup but not after.
  • dramatic -- It was okay.  I did the bunnyhop! With no warmup!
  • light -- not bad. I did the bunnyhop but the salchow was bad.  Oh well.
Holy cow!  5 runthroughs in 30 minutes.  I was wiped out. Geez.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home