Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 03, 2019

Perseverance

I skated the 8:30 a.m. FS this morning at Chandler, my first skate of the new year!  Ice was okay and just 3 skaters and 2 coaches.  It was bitterly cold in the rink (and outside) and I just couldn't warm up.

I sort of walked through the free skate and both showcase programs without actually doing them.  I then spent the remainder of the session (I got on a little late, and had to leave a little early, both due to work) working on jumps and spins.

I got one (ONE) good salchow.  Ugh.  The rest were mostly an okay entrance but landed on two feet, or other issues.  I got no good toe loops.  I also worked a little on waltz-toe combo since there is one in the free skate (I had forgotten this until I watched the video!).  Meh.  It happens but it's not a good toe loop either.  And no good spins, either.  Basically, one of those days where the only real accomplishment seems to be the fact that I got out there and skated.  Ugh.

In other news I have booked my flight for PCAS, and my hotel room for MidWinter. Still need to book hotel for PCAS, and to register for each. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home