Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 30, 2018

Spins & Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  6 skaters and 4 coaches, ice was meh.

I had not skated FS in over a week!  Eeep.  I warmed up with stroking and slaloms, then worked a little on spins before my lesson.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- we just did a few of these, from the windup.  They were actually pretty good!  I was a bit more relaxed and so I didn't rush things.  Holly was pleased.
  • waltz jump -- just a couple.  The usual reminder to keep my head up.
  • salchow -- just a few.  Actually not bad.  Again, I wasn't rushing so they were better.
  • toe loop -- eep.  We spent a lot of time on these.  Holly held my hand to make me slow down and let it come around.  This really helped, so I think we'll have to stick with this for a while.  I was able at the end of the lesson to do a couple that were much better than they had been, all by myself.  We'll keep working.
We didn't work on backspin this week.  We'll have to get back to that.  I'm getting my blades fixed this weekend after the horrors inflicted on them at Autumn Antics, so yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home