Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 26, 2018

Perseverance

My new job is in north Scottsdale, so I decided to skate the 5:15 FS at Scottsdale.  I realized when I got there that I'd never actually skated a freestyle there, just competitions and dance class.  They seem to be a bit less regimented than they used to be -- the monitors don't tell you what locker rooms to use etc.  I asked and was told that the room the men are supposed to use is not currently available so I could put my skates on rinkside or wherever (I chose rinkside).

The session was somewhat busy, but more importantly there were a lot of younger low-level kids who are not really ice-savvy.  I warmed up a bit, then ran my dramatic program and despite wearing the sash I had a hard time with people not giving me the right of way.  Urph.  I then ran my light program and same issue, so I gave up and just worked on spins and jumps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home