Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 11, 2018

BO8, BI8

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Café. Due to scheduling issues this is my only figures lesson this month! :-(

I warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8, then worked some of my posture and back edge exercises, then did a quick BO8.

Today's lesson:

  • BO8 -- a large chunk of our lesson. We worked a lot on posture, especially on the LBO, to keep turned into the circle with the skating arm back and up.  Ugh.  At one point she had me try just doing a start onto the LBO (instead of the usual RBO). Eeep, that was weird!  Had a lot of problems with that.  
  • BI8 -- about 10 minutes.  Posture is better on the BI edges but we worked a bunch on the same point of keeping turned into the circle, and also especially for this, to keep the hips open and look where I'm going.
All in all it was a good workout.  I need to work on being able to hold those basic positions -- going backward on each foot/edge with free foot either in front or tucked behind, and with arms on either side.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home