Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 24, 2018

Posture

My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 FS at Chandler.  Since there's no Ice CafĂ© this week we moved to this day.  Not a great choice as there were about 7 skaters on the ice with lots of dance and moves.

I had a half hour to warm up so I worked through edges, FO8, FI8, and worked on some of the exercises Danette has given me.

For today, considering the conditions we decided to keep working on posture. It is slowly improving but it feels very, very weird.  We ran edges and also working down the end red line so I could see my reflection in the glass.  Ugh.  It's really hard for me to bring the pelvis forward/tuck the tush in and still bend the knees.  Of course Danette wants me to keep my head up too :-)

For the last few minutes we worked on 3s. I was actually able to keep my head/chest up which helped a lot, and I had a better check. Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home