Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the Chandler 8:30 FS for practice this morning.  I'm trying to do better about getting more practice, so glad that I was able to get myself moving and get to the rink this a.m.

I warmed up with some laps, then worked a bit on FXOs and BXOs.  Next I worked on jumps -- waltz, sal, toe.  Making a little progress on toe, sals were inconsistent.

Next I warmed up my bunny hop, then ran my dramatic program ("Years") with music.  A little rough in places and I was distracted by people getting in my way (in spite of the fact there were only 3 of us on the ice!).  I remembered just before I started that I have to move the start down ice since I'll be doing this on 3/4 ice for Autumn Antics.  Eep.  Anyway a little rough but I did get a good spin in the beginning so that's something.  I'll keep working it.

After that I ran through most of the Bronze moves except for power-3s. Spent a little time fixing the LBO in the 5-step mohawk so it was not so scratchy -- we'll see if I can do that in the actual move though.  Circle-8 still has issues.

Finished up with some more time on spins. Yay!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home