Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Preliminary Test Runthrough

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  Nice ice and 4 skaters.

I warmed up with edges, FO8 and FI8 and scribed some circles (we wound up not using them).

For today's lesson Danette wanted to run through the Preliminary test:

  • Edges -- generally quite good, except the BO8 I pushed too hard on the 2nd lobe and almost fell forward, then trying to recover the lobe was huuuuuge. I did manage to keep going though. The BI edges were really nice!
  • FO8 -- layout in a random spot.  These were pretty good, some small wobbles.  I was having a hard time seeing my axis mark.
  • FI8 -- layout in a random spot. I chose a spot where there was paint so I could see my mark.  Not bad.
  • waltz-8 -- ugh. We did this twice.  The good part was that I didn't fall and I did skate the figure, but it was not good.  Return to center was elongated so my circle was an egg. Ugh.
About what I expected.  


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home