Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 09, 2018

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8, and BO8.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- we did this with some random layouts.  In general pretty good, but need to really watch the upper body position when pushing (hold shoulder back).
  • FI8 -- not bad.
  • BO8 -- not as much time on these as I would have liked.  We mostly worked these on the circle, still.  I'm doing a better job of looking into the circle,  but that came (at first) at the expense of not keeping the free foot in front long enough.  Eventually we were able to make all of them happen at the same time.  The RBO was pretty okay so we spent most of our time on the LBO.
Competition is a week from Sunday!  One lesson left, we agreed to do an extra 15 minutes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home