Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

FO8, FI8, BO8

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler Ice Café.

I had a half-hour warmup -- scribed circles, did edges, FO8, FI8, and waltz-8.  I have been off the ice for 2 weeks and was feeling quite rusty. Yuck.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- we used the scribed circles at first.  My pushes need to be closer to the long axis.  We also worked a little on upper body position.
  • FI8 -- scribed circles.  Not too bad, but need to keep straighter posture from the beginning and not be forward.
  • layouts -- we laid out FO8 and FI8 in random spots.  Generally pretty good.
  • BO8 -- we worked on keeping the skating shoulder back on the first part of the circle (R side) and then to do a better push (keep the free foot in front!) on the L side.  The R side is looking good, the L side needs more work.
We discussed the upcoming competition -- we decided I'll do FO8, FI8 and BO8 (eep).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home