Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 5:15 FS at Chandler for practice, as usual.  This session is a bit different from the old 5:30 session from the spring, today there was a gaggle of about 4 girls I'd never seen who were not in lesson and who talked a lot and were not really focused.  And, they got in my way several times. Grrr.

I warmed up with Bronze Moves as usual, then some time on RFO3s from power 3; more circle-8, and some FXOs.

After that I went on to work on spins, starting with my spin exercise, then some spins from the windup, and then the backspin exercise. I did get a couple spins that were relatively okay.

I finished up with about 5 minutes worth of jumps.  Waltz jumps (not bad), salchow (mostly bad) and some toe loops (all bad).  I worked a little on trying to get the toe loop to come all the way around... geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home