Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 07, 2018

Patch Perseverance

I skated the 11:45 a.m. adult freestyle at Chandler today (no Ice CafĂ© for the next 2 months).  No lesson this week, so I just had patch practice.  Besides the usual gang of crazies, it was nice to see Elena, Katy, and Caitlin on the session today!  I had not seen Caitlin in many moons, she's been off the ice.

I ran through edges - I had to remind myself to make 5 lobes, not 4, so I took more time with them than usual. Then I ran FO8 and FI8.  After that I went on to spend some time on the back edge exercise Danette gave me... the LBO is still a struggle to get the weight back on the blade.

After that I went on to work on BO8 for a bit.  These were actually really nice!  I'm not sure if it's because of the exercise I had just done, or what, but they just felt really easy and confident.  Yay!  I finished up with some time on 3s.  I worked mostly on RFO3 and I did get better at holding the entry longer, and pushing down on the pinky toe as I go into the turn.  So, they did improve.  Then I spent a little time on LFO3 and of course these were much, much better.

All in all good practice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home