Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Spins, Salchow

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I moved my lesson to today since I'll be out Friday (announcing for Ice Fest).

I had a 10 minute warmup, stroking, some slaloms, perimeter XOs and then I tried FO8 (not circle-8) since the ice was really nice.  I actually mostly made it around on the R foot! So yay me.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- Holly saw me doing the FO8 so she had me do the circle-8.  It was not bad although the R foot is still a little iffy.
  • spins -- we spent a few minutes doing the exercise, then skipped standing start and went straight to doing them from the windup.  It was kind of all over the place, but I actually got a few that were decent!  So, progress.  Yay!
  • waltz jump -- just one. It was pretty nice!
  • salchow -- working to get the takeoff at the right time.. We mostly fixed that so went to trying to get me to bring it around more so that the landing isn't out to the side.  Holly says I need to bring the R leg/side around more as I'm taking off.  Ugh.  No feel for that yet.  I did do some salchows that were otherwise pretty nice, though. It was great!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home