Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the Chandler 5:30 p.m. FS as usual tonight. I got my skates back yesterday so I finally got to skate freestyle again after about a week and a half.  Urph.

I was a bit rusty and it took a while to warm up.  I worked on Bronze Moves (yes, all of them).  Alas, getting my right blade moved (the front of the blade)  to the inside didn't magically solve my circle-8 RFO issues. 

After that I worked on spins.  I worked first on the the exercise Holly gave me, then spins from a standing start, then back to the exercise and back to the standing start.  The exercise is getting better -- I'm doing a much better job of keeping my hands up and in.   I got one really good spin from a standing start, the rest not so much; while I am doing better with my hands/arms (transference from the exercise, yay!) I'm having a hard time bringing my free leg in.  Urph.

I spent the last 5 minutes working on crossovers, and discovered that my clockwise FXOs are magically much better!  I do attribute this to the blade movement as I'm not fighting the edge anymore.  Yay!  They were really quite good -- a full cross and hold.  Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home