Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 27, 2018

Spins & Moves

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with the "odd" Bronze Moves (perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges, 5-step Mohawk).

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- we worked through the spin exercise that Holly gave me at my last lesson. It's really a good exercise for me as I'm starting to feel where I need to be on the blade, AND, I'm standing straight up with arms correct.  Of course after a few times she wanted me to pick up the free leg, lol.  Not quite successful in that as soon as I did so I dropped my free side somewhat.  Grrr.
  • 5-step mohawk -- Holly wants me to have deeper lobes on these and to hold the 1st step a bit longer, esp. on the R side.  I'm still up on my toe a lot on the BO edge but other than that it's actually improved a lot since last year.
  • power-3s -- we worked on these in the pattern and then just 3s on the line.  My 3s are not so great.  The turn itself is nice, but free leg is very swingy.  I told her I need to work on these more with my new figures coach, whoever that turns out to be.
Considering I had not skated in a week it was not too bad.  Yay!

I'm still working on getting a figures coach....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home