Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Preliminary Test, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe as usual.  Nice ice about 5 skaters.

I scribed circles, and warmed up with edges as usual.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- a random layout as usual.  Not bad although once again my first circle was too large :-(.
  • FI8 -- a random layout.  Not bad but my circles were wildly different in size.  I'm not sure what was going on. We did a 2nd set and it was much better.
  • waltz-8 -- this was about the same as last week (which is relatively good, at least no backsliding).  I'm doing a better job on the BO edge, but I still really need to watch my position on the beginning of it so that I have more control -- it helps if I can consistently count.
  • serpentines -- just a few minutes on these.  The very first one (RFOI), I actually made it around the first 1.5 circles!  I've not done that in a long time.  Alas the subsequent ones were not as good.  I am still losing too much flow in my FOI change of edge.  Grrr.
After my lesson I worked some more on serpentines, then a little time on 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home