Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Program Prep

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert; moved from Friday due to PCAS.

I did a 6 minute warmup, then ran my Dramatic program. Mostly okay although I had a little brain far in the middle after the footwork section and forgot where I was supposed to go -- I got distracted by someone in my way.  Ugh.  Then I worked a little on salchow.

For today's lesson, we ran the program, then worked a bit on salchow and waltz-toe combo.  Then we ran the program again; better.  We decided to move the start point over to the right -- instead of starting on the center line I'm starting halfway between the red and blue lines.  This shifted me over a bit, but oddly enough I still am winding up doing the salchow in about the same place!  I guess I really am moving faster.  Cool stuff.

Finished up by running the program again and it was not bad.  A little more work on the footwork to try to take the think time out, and we called it a day.

I'm feeling reasonably well prepared for Sectionals.  Leaving in the morning!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home