Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

FO8, FI8, Waltz-8

I skated the Chandler Ice CafĂ© for my figures lesson with Lynne as usual.  I had some schedule issues so I only skated for 45 minutes and got on the ice later than usual (and lesson was later).

I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- not bad.  I actually had good control on the very first edge.
  • FI8 -- nice.
  • waltz-8 -- actually a bit better on the step forward.   Still need to count, and to bend the knee on the BO edge better. Also I had an issue on the LBO that I was anticipating the step forward too much, and cutting into the circle.  After fixing that we worked on the 3s since they are still kinda stinky.  I think I'm trying too hard on these, and Lynne says I need to keep my hips more square going into the turn.  I'm turning the body into the circle but the hips need to stay square, then release.
All in all not bad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home