Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Waltz-8, Serpentines

I skated the Chandler Ice Café today as usual for my figures lesson with Lynne. 5 skaters and nice ice.

I warmed up with edges, scribed some circles, then worked on FO8 and FI8.  FO8 was okay for no warmup, FI8 was pretty nice.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-8 -- about 25 minutes on these, mostly working on the step forward.  It seems like there are about 4 things I need to do simultaneously to make these happen:
    • Stand up straight on the BO edge
    • look where I'm going
    • bring the trailing arm/shoulder around right before Is tep
    • turn the upper body, set the new skating foot pointing in the right direction, bend and step forward.
  • serpentines -- just briefly.  I've not done these in a long time, they were not so great.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home